About the Author David Baldacci
Best selling author David Baldacci was born in Virginia, in 1960, where he currently resides. He received a Bachelor of Arts in political science from Virginia Commonwealth University and a law degree from the University of Virginia. Mr. Baldacci practiced law for nine years in Washington, D.C., as both a trial and corporate attorney.
- Absolute Power (Warner Books, 1996) was made into a major motion picture by Castle Rock Entertainment and starred Clint Eastwood and Gene Hackman.
- Total Control (Warner Books, 1996).
- The Winner (Warner Books, 1997) sales topped those of Baldacci’s first two novels and received a starred review in Publishers Weekly, its highest rating.
- The Simple Truth (Warner Books, 1998) was his first novel in which part of the plot was based upon an actual event. President Bill Clinton selected The Simple Truth as his favorite novel of 1999.
- Saving Faith (Warner Books, 1999) reached #1 on both The New York Times and Publishers Weekly bestseller lists and was selected for People Magazine‘s “Page Turner of the Week”.
- Wish You Well (Warner Books, 2000) received a starred review in Publishers Weekly and was the inaugural book for All America Reads, a national reading promotion program.
- Last Man Standing (Warner Books, 2001) features the Federal Bureau of Investigation‘s elite Hostage Rescue Team and reached number one on The New York Times Bestseller List.
- The Christmas Train (Warner Books, 2002) shows how we do get second chances to fulfill our dreams during the season of miracles and instantly became a bestseller.
- The Whole Truth (Grand Central Publishing, April 2008)